WELCOME TO CULVER CREST PUBLICATIONS, now celebrating 35 years of excellence!
Please scroll down to see NEW RELEASES, VIDEOS, and the details and cover of just reprinted Accompanying Skills for Pianists, 2nd Ed.
Christmas Music for Piano Solo. For Intermediate and Advanced Pianists
Far, Far Away on Judea’s Plains
O Little Town of Bethlehem
O Holy Night
$6.00 Free shipping
NEW: CD Recordings on the Cambria label
1. "New Friends/Old Friends," D. N. P., pianist/composer, includes: Story ballet Toads and Diamonds, with favorite encores by Chopin and Debussy. $15.00 Free shipping
2. "Oneness" includes: Violin Concerto for Oneness, Angel Trio, Stile Antico, Three Faces of Kim featuring violinists Amanda Lo, Limor Toren Immerman, and Ayke Agus; the Metro Chamber Orchesta; and the Glendale Philharmonic Trio.
$15.00 Free shipping
1. Best Classical Album: (Six works by Deon Nielsen Price performed by the National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine).
2. Best Classical Contemporary Composition: (Track 9: "Dancing on the Brink of the World").
3. Best Instrumental Soloist Performance with Orchestra: (Track 1: "Yellow Jade Banquet", Berkeley A. Price, soloist on Bb and Eb soprano clarinets and basset horn [Listen to sample]).
4. Best Orchestral Performance: (Track #9: "Dancing on the Brink of the World", John McLaughlin Williams, conductor [Listen to sample]).
Cambria Master Recordings is proud to announce a pre-release of "Dancing on the Brink of the World" (Cambria CD-1170), that will be released on NAXOS in 2009. "Dancing on the Brink of the World" is a collection of colorful orchestral works by Deon Nielsen Price recorded by the venerable National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine with Grammy-winner John McLaughlin Williams, conductor, and Berkeley A. Price, virtuoso clarinet soloist and guest conductor.
A diversity of works in rich orchestral rhythms and timbres celebrates the lives and pathos of shifting cultures and civilizations of a small area of land on the Pacific Rim in the San Francisco Bay Area. Represented are the First People, Spanish and Mexican padres and soldiers, Chinese, Japanese, and European immigrants and their descendants who now co-exist as modern Americans. Yellow Jade Banquet, tour de force for Clarinet (Bb, Eb, Basset Horn) and Orchestra, was premiered by the China National Symphony Orchestra at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing in April 2008, and is based on a Chinese folksong and inspired by the menu for a sumptuous Chinese banquet. A fantasy on "Dies Irae", the medieval tune for the Day of the Dead, Epitaphs for Fallen Heroes features the composer as piano soloist. America Themes is a potpourri of well-known patriotic and spiritual tunes. Gateways features the winds and percussion sections. States of Mind, played by the strings, encompasses: "Meditation", "Troubled Thoughts", "Mysterious Dream" and "Transformation". The title work was inspired by the cover painting and was a winner in the 2007 Mu Phi Epsilon International Original Composition Contest. A special feature of this recording is the outstanding natural acoustic of the Grand Concert Studio of the National Radio of Ukraine (Kiev).
Deon Nielsen Price, Doctor of Musical Arts and retired professor, enjoys an active career as composer, orchestrator, pianist, conductor, and author. Her several previous recordings have received great critical acclaim.
To order, please fill out and submit this order form.
Accompanying Skills for Pianists, SECOND Edition NEW LOWER PRICE $40.